membership administration

If you are a Member and notify the First Nation of your address change, please advise us of your children’s names (members) as well if they reside with you, otherwise, we cannot update the address files for your children.

Members are reminded to call or email in their Change of Address as soon as they are able. Newsletters will not be mailed if a return notice is sent by the Post Office. If you don’t receive your Newsletter it means that you have not changed your address with the Membership Office.

Treaty Annuity Payments – AANDC announces annually where and when Treaty Annuity Payments will be made, Michipicoten First Nation will inform its citizens when the information is provided via our Website/Bi Monthly Newsletters.

Gas Card Tax Exemptions (application) – Cards may be obtained at the address below – Please enclose a brief letter stating your reason for the request, and include your status number. Faxing the request in is usually the quickest way to receive your Gas Card.

Secure Certificates of Indian Status – For more information……..

Ministry Of Finance
Motor Fuels And Tobacco Tax Branch
33 King Street West
Oshawa, Ontario L1h 8h9
Fax Number: 1-905-436-4511 Attention: Refunds

If you are planning on moving in the near future or if you know a member who has recently moved, please use this form to advise the Band Office of the new address, or contact the Membership Clerk, by phone, fax or email.

Call Toll Free 1-888-303-7723 or Collect 1-705-856-1993
– Or –
Fax 1-705-856-1642
– Or –
Email Linda Peterson

Address Change Form

Name (required)

Status Number (required)

Email (required)

Phone Number (required)

Birthdate (mm/dd/yyyy)

Effective Date (mm/dd/yyyy)

Present Address(required)

New Address(required)

Additional Notes