Water Treatment Plant Operator-In-Training
Summary of Function The Water Treatment Plant Operator-In-Training is an entry level opportunity to train as a Water Treatment Plant Operator and to obtain your OIT certificate/license.
Water Treatment Plant Operators oversee the activities and processes that go into treating and distributing municipal drinking water. They are responsible for monitoring water quality and play a key role in protecting public health. A CPIC will be required for the successful applicant.
Job Duties (Include but are not limited to)
- Perform laboratory tests, checks and calibrations;
- Use performance control and management systems to ensure plant is operating within accepted standards;
- Perform preventative maintenance diagnostics;
- Monitor, assess and report on equipment performance;
- Maintain documentation of work area activities as required;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma, Post Secondary Degree/Diploma an asset;
- Must possess excellent communication and troubleshooting skills and have an aptitude for mathematics and science;
- High level of integrity and work ethic;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Valid Driver’s License an asset but not required.
$15.00 – $17.00/hour for 25 hours per week, minimum.
Wednesday, May 31, 2018 at 4:30pm
(Applications received after this date will not be considered)
Please forward your resume with a cover letter and three (3) employment related references to:
Michipicoten First Nation
ATTN: Robert Reece, Finance/Personnel
107 Hiawatha Drive
Wawa, ON. P0S 1K0
For a complete job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.