Michipicoten First Nation’s Vision Statement
An economically independent, self supporting, self governing First Nation where all members share strong cultural identity based on a profound understanding of who we are and on a clear sense of connecting with our cultural origins.
A community that lives in peace with all creation, maintains a healthy balance between individuals and community needs, and works productively with both Aboriginal and non-aboriginal communities, based on a sense of mutual respect and equality.
Where community members rightfully come together and virtuously establish a strong sense of self esteem, respect for each other and work together for the well being of all.
A community in which the youth have a positive future and elders hand over a strong community to the next generation.
Key Economic Statements
- Education and Training
- Sustainable Job development
- Economic Growth
- Development of Land Base (Infrastructure and Community)
- Work Together to Build a Healthy Community
- Promote Development while Respecting the Environment
- Revitalize Native Culture
- Work in equal relationship with governments, organization and people
Community Economic Development Officer
Economic Development and Research: Economic Development email