Under the general supervision of the Family Support Worker and the direction of the Band Manager, Michipicoten First Nation is seeking 2 motivated individuals to fill 2 part time positions of Family Well-Being Worker.
Job Duties (Include but are not limited to)
- Design posters for programming and services provided;
- Schedule monthly program calendar;
- Responsible for setup, take down and delivery of workshops;
- Maintain relevant statistics and records;
- Maintain reports and filing system;
- Supportfamily-centeredand strength-basedapproach when assisting in programming;
- Communicating through various means of media;
- Acting with compassion and empathy;
- Commit to assisting families in challenging situations;
- Working directly with children;
- Initiating working relationships with families;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must possess Social work/Administration/ECE or any other human-relatedexperience that is a recognized agency of good standing;
- Ability to work flexible hours, with weekends included;
- Ability to attend training and meetings as needed;
- Ability to capacity build in coordinating Family Well-Being program;
- High level of integrity and work ethic;
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable personal vehicle.
Part-time (25 hours per week), Contract, with the possibility of extension
To be based on experience
Friday, February 22, 2019,at 1:30 pm (Applications received after this date will not be considered)
To be determined
Please forward your resume with a cover letter and three (3) employment-relatedreferences to:
Michipicoten First Nation
Robert Reece, Financial Director/Personnel
107 Hiawatha Drive
Wawa, ON P0S 1K0
For a complete job description please contact email@example.com.
Michipicoten First Nation strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Michipicoten First Nation will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course ofemployment.
This position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Michipicoten First Nation Citizens; therefore, Michipicoten First Nation shall give preference to citizens, and Indigenous applicants with equivalentskill sets and experience;all interested parties are encouraged to apply.
Please note that due to the sensitive nature of this position, a CPIC (criminal record check) isrequired.