- From the junction of Highway 17 and 101 (Wawa Goose Monument).
- Turn Left onto Highway 17 East heading towards Sault Ste. Marie approximately 10 Km.
- Turn Right after the sign for Michipicoten First Nation, past the closed Gas following the sign to Michipicoten River Village.
- Follow this paved road and turn right onto Queen Street.
- Stay on the paved road through the village crossing over the one-lane bridge at Wawa Creek and one lane bridge at Silver Falls.
- Continue driving the 11 Km past Sandy Beach until you come to a fork in the road.
- Turn right at the sign to Michipicoten First Nation for another 3 km until you reach the reserve.
- Residential section begins at the 40 Km/hour sign.
- The Michipicoten First Nation Band Hall is located at the top of Hiawatha Drive.
- The building is a large Cedar building and is marked Michipicoten First Nation Community Centre and Band Office.
From Sault Ste. Marie
- Follow Highway 17 west for approximately 225 km or 2 plus hours.
- About 20 km before Wawa, past the Kinniwabi Pines Motel and over the Michipicoten River Bridge.
- Turn Left at the sign for Michipicoten River Village and Michipicoten First Nation.
- Follow the above directions to the Reserve.
From Thunder Bay
- Follow Highway 17 east to Wawa.
- Past the Wawa Goose Monument and continue on Highway 17 following rest of the directions above (From Wawa).