The internship program is funded by Global Affairs Canada as part of the International Aboriginal Youth Internships (IAYI) Initiative.
To be eligible for the International Internships for Indigenous Youth Program, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- be an Indigenous person in Canada (Federally recognized as either status or non-status First Nations, Inuit, or Métis)
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of hiring
- have not previously participated in an internship within the Global Affairs IYIP initiative (formerly CIDA and DFATD)
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- not be a university graduate—graduate of a degree program from a university
- Indigenous youth with a CEGEP or technical college diploma are eligible to apply!
Year 2 – Apply by Sunday, March 24th, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
Mid-August 2019 to mid-December 2019
- Pre-departure training at the start of August 2019 (2 weeks)
- Internships begin mid- August 2019 (16 weeks)
- Interns return to Canada – beginning of December 2019
- Re-orientation training – early December 2019 (1 week)
- Interns carry out public engagement activities (3 events between January 2020 – March 2020)
Thai Volunteer Service
*in partnership with GPIAtlantic
| COSTA RICA
Alianza Nacional de Ríos y Cuencas de Costa Rica and ACUMITA
Volunteer Youth Corps Inc.
Run for Life and the Rift Valley Resource Centre
Rural Institution for Community Development (RICOD)